Sunday, February 23, 2014

Large Vase

Gorgeous weather today, around 70 degrees.  I decided that it was time to make a large vase so last night while watching the Olympics I sketched then cut out a template for these vases.  My plan was to make 3 of the smaller ones so that I could have 2 for my mantle but after cutting out the slabs for these two I decided I better stop and I am glad I did.  It took all day to make these and I was tired when I finished.

Yesterday I had an interview at a gallery here in Charlotte and will hopefully find out soon.  I will give details if it happens.  Then I went to get clay and glaze ingredients.  Hopefully I will get a test load in the next few weeks.

If you are on Facebook, be sure to check out my page and "like" it so that you can see more info about what is happening in the studio.

No comments: