Thursday, February 6, 2014

Heart Dishes and Yarn Bowls

I've been busy the last week.  This morning I was trying to think of what to make and I thought about Valentines Day and how nesting bowls would be nice.  So I planned on making simple bowls but when I had thrown the first bowl I decided that it was too simple.  So,  I made a split and ruffled rim giving it a lacey look.  These won't be done for Valentines Day but I think they still make a nice gift for a wedding, birthday or Mother's Day.

It was a bit too cold today for working.  It was in the forties and my space heater wasn't quite doing it.  Luckly all I was making were 9 heart dishes and 2 pear bowls so I finished in about an hour, then went out for about 15 minutes later in the day to finish.
Yesterday I worked on yarn bowls.  I make each one different and this time I like how they turned out.  Hopefully most will make it through the bisquing and firing process without breaking or warping too much

Yesterday I also got word that I have been accepted into the Crozet Arts and Crafts Festival in Crozet Virginia on May 10th and 11th.  This means that I will not be participating in the CCM Pottery Festival this Spring.  I will be having a Christmas in July Sale at my studio in July for anyone local that would like to come out and see what I have new this year.

No comments: