Thursday, June 21, 2012

Earth and Fire Festival - Kings Mountain

Last night I unloaded the kiln.  The pieces shown here are my favorite out of this load.  The pitcher features the puffy feet I learned at the Allison McGowan workshop.  I am not sure what the use for the piece on the left is for, perhaps to hold mail.

I reloaded the kiln last night and tomorrow morning I will get these pieces and all the others out and ready for the Earth and Fire Festival.  The reception is Saturday June 23rd from 7-9.  The show runs until July 27th.  I will be unable to attend the reception do to my being at the Art in the Park in Asheville until 6 and then tearing down the display, I won't make it back to Kings Mountain in time.  Last year I had a great time visiting with all the visitors and other potters.


On Tuesday I unloaded the load of pieces for the Mountain Nest Gift Shop in Black Mountain.  I was disappointed to find that five out of the seven mugs I glazed had too much glaze and it ran on to the shelf.   I re-made the mugs and will hopefully have them finished next week.

Next week I hope to glaze the pieces for Ocean Annies in Duck, NC.

No comments: