Sunday, June 10, 2012

Getting ready for Art in the Park - Asheville

This week I have been doing a last push making pieces for three things coming up on the 23rd.  First is the Art in the Park in Asheville (only need a few more pieces for this), Earth and Fire Festival in Kings Mountain (need gallery style items for a full 8ft. display), and the wholesale order for the Mountain Nest Gallery in Black Mountain.  I also tried to make a few more yarn bowls for Ruby's Gift and Etsy.  Someone told me to dry them upside down to keep them from warping.  I am not sure that will help but willing to give it a try. 

Tomorrow I will make brie bakers, slip trail beading and load the first of two bisque loads this week. They will include the tall pieces I made a few weeks ago.  I hope to have at least 2 pieces for upcoming competitions I would like to enter.  By the end of the week I hope to glaze at least one load to have a head start for next week.


I plan on adding numerous new items to my Etsy shop at the beginning of July.

After this I do not have any shows until October, so I will start stocking up for the fall show season.  That is when I am usually at my busiest, plus my mom is coming to help out with my shows and we will be going to the beach and mountains on the weeks between shows, so I need to have everything ready to go.


No comments: