Monday, March 5, 2012

Falling Rivers Gallery & Potters Conference

Thursday I set up my booth at the Falling Rivers Gallery in Albemarle.  The gallery is a cooperative sales venue of the Stanly Arts Guild and is staffed by vounteers who show and sell their creations.

Then I traveled on to Asheboro to attend the 25th Annual North Carolina Potters Conference.  This is the 4th year I have attended.  I really enjoyed the format this year.  They invited 3 master potters (Cynthia Bringle, John Glick, Jack Troy) who then in turn invited an up and coming potter (Ronan Peterson, Martha Grover, Jake Johnson)  This made for a very full weekend of non-stop ideas.  I do not know what  pieces to try first.



Today I had to attend to my children.  One was sick and the other is moving home for awhile.  But I will be in the studio tomorrow and I will be trying out all the ideas from this weekend and the workshop two weeks ago.  You will see more photos from the weekend compared to my attempts at making items.

In the next month I need to buckle down and throw new pieces.  In May I have two shows and right now I only have a few boxes of pots available for shows.  Most of the items I had available either went to the Falling Rivers Gallery or are now for sale on Etsy. 

Over the weekend a yarn bowl of mine was featured on Uniquely Yours' blog.  It's a fun blog that features items from Etsy.

No comments: