Thursday, October 27, 2011

Utensil Holder

About a month ago I was asked to make a utensil holder for a customer via Etsy.  She had purchased the matching bowl earlier in the Spring at a show. Here is the finished piece.

Today I made 6 more yarn bowls.  I had decided not to make any more of these due to the fact that I was breaking about 50% during the greenware stage.  Last weekend at the Christmas Made in the South there was a customer that changed my mind.  She indicated that her knitting friends would love to have a yarn bowl.  So I tried again.  This time I cleaned up the sharp edges right after making the cuts, rather than sanding after it's dry. Hopefully this does the trick.

This week I realized that I should have worked a little harder at filling up my bisque shelves.  I find that I don't know which pieces to throw for the next few shows.  Quite a few items are depleted.

No comments: