Monday, October 24, 2011

Large Pots


Today I decided to make a few more large pieces. All three are made with a separate body and neck piece.  This allows me to make bigger pieces than I can throw in one.  The piece in the middle I have made before and sold recently at the Claymatters Festival.  The one on the left is a new shape for me.  The one on the right has a similar shape to one I have made before but the handles are different.  They will need to dry for a few weeks.  I hope they can be ready for my next show which is the Carolina Pottery Festival in Shelby on November 12th.

This week will be a big push in throwing what I need for the rest of the season.   Next week will be a glaze session for my next 2 shows plus the Art for Christmas Exhibition for December at the Depot in Kings Mountain.  I also need to decide what piece should be my entry for the Seagrove Pottery Festival Auction.

No comments: