Monday, August 12, 2013

First Place Win

Friday evening I went to the Summer Art Explosion award reception at Falling Rivers Gallery.  I had received first prize in the 3D division.  This was exciting because it was my first win.  A few years ago I received an honorable mention at the Mint Hill Arts Juried show.  Since then I have not entered into any shows, mainly because I never hold anything back for shows and the timing never works out that I have something available that is worthy.  This time I purposely made 5 items for the show and took up 3.

I did something to my back this week.  Probably lifting boxes full of pottery at the show last weekend.  Every morning I wake up and can't roll over, but as the day moves along I get better.  So I have been working through the pain.  But today I woke up at 4am and could not deal with the pain.  In 45 minutes I will be at the Chiropractor and hope that he can make an adjustment that will fix it.  I really can't take many days off since I have 3 shows this fall and only have 2 boxes of pottery glazed.

No comments: