Monday, August 15, 2011

Cabin in the woods

We spent our first weekend in our new cabin.  For the past month I have been anticipating the  closing and it felt like a year.  We took up a truck load of furniture and essentials.  In a few weeks we will go again and hopefully finish bringing up most of everything else.  I look forward to getting away from it all and getting more excercise.  The cabin is near Chimney Rock and Lake Lure and only about 25 miles from Asheville. We both like to hike, especially if we can find a waterfall and we like to fish.  My husband is also hoping I will take an interest in golf (Charlotte is almost always too hot).  As you can see the place needs a womans touch.  Next spring I will plant some flowering bushes and perenials in front.  We have accumulated so much stuff over the years that there isn't a whole lot of items we have to buy to make it livable.  I am already starting to look into art shows in the surrounding area to have a booth next year.  Some shows that were not feasible before, might work now if I don't have to pay for a hotel.  I would also like to check out galleries locally and see about selling some of my work there.

No comments: