Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dinner Plates

Very excited to finally get my own dinner plates.  I have been saying for about 2 years now that I wanted to make myself a set, but it seemed like there was always something more urgent to be made.  Even after throwing these about a month ago, I debated on how to glaze them and finally went with this glaze because it goes with my current kitchen and dining room.  I have a canister set, utensil holder, appetizer plates and cereal bowls already in this glaze. The pattern on each plate is different. There were 11 thrown and 2 are still waiting to be glaze fired.  I wanted at least 8 to turn out and was pleasantly surprised to have all 11 turn out.  That never happens to me.  Usually a few warp or the glaze has problems.


Today I made some mugs.  I always get asked at shows if I have mugs and my usual answer is no.  This is mostly because I do not drink coffee or tea and I just do no feel any joy at making them.  But, I decided that it was time for the challenge and to see if I could make mugs I am happy with.  Time will tell.  I also tried a basket pattern made with a lemon zester, that I saw on John Baumans blog recently.  I look forward to trying this on other pieces.

No comments: