Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Preparing to Glaze

Yesterday I finished up throwing the plates for Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen order and today I trimmed.  The original order was 150 plates but it ended up being for 155 plates (80 round plates and 75 rectangular plates)  Today it is very windy so I decided to put kiln wash on my kiln shelves.  I have already put 2 layers on and will probably do another layer on the two newest shelves.  Later I will mix up the glazes I am going to use.  Tomorrow I may glaze but the forecast calls for lingering wind and I will be spraying outside so that may not happen.  It looks like the next week or so will have mostly nice weather so I am hopeful that I will make a dent in glazing.  I am estimating 13 glaze loads, hopefully less and I have a month to finish.  Within those loads I hope to test some more glazes for my new line.  I am hopeful that I can have something to show at the Claymatters Festival in May.

Over the next few days I will be listing new items on my online shop.  I am starting to stock up on items for Mothers Day.

No comments: