Saturday, March 9, 2013

Plates finished glaze firing

Today I unloaded the first load of plates for the Italian Kitchen.  Tomorrow I will glaze again and the round plates will have a green rim.  The brie baker is just a test for a brown rim that I am waiting approval on.  I tested both spraying and pouring glaze on the rectangular tray and decided that the spraying looks better.  So I guess I have to spray even though it's harder with that shape than the round plates.  All I will be doing for the next few weeks is do load after load of this order until all 155 plates are finished.

Also, my pottery can now be found at JK Moyles Pottery and Gallery in Lenoir, NC.  Jane has opened a teaching studio which includes a small gallery in the front with different North Carolina artists.

No comments: