Sunday, December 9, 2012

John C. Campbell Folk School

I spent last week at the John C. Campbell Folk School taking the Textured gifts of clay class.  Sylvia Coppola was our instructor and she did a great job showing us many ideas for hand built projects.  From teapots, to owl bells, mugs, vases and even toad houses.

The photo to the left was one of the items I made using the ideas learned but using my own patterns.  In a few months I plan on having some new glazes and I can't wait to glaze this pot.

The photo on the right is of the whole class with Sylvia and our last glaze load. Everyone had a great time and came away with some wonderful pieces.

My mom was my roommate and she took the copper enameling class.  We had a great time in the evenings watching the many programs they had including dancing, singing, and a performance by the Brasstown Ringers.  It was Christmas week so everything was Christmas related.

To see more photos of the week, check out my Facebook page.

No comments: