Monday, July 18, 2011

New glaze line

Saturday I unloaded the kiln and here are a few of my favorites.  I am trying a new glazing technique using stencils and more colors.  The large plate has a black rim and some of the other plates and bowls I did with out the black rim.   I like how the multiple colors allow me to display other glazes right next to each other, as you can see in this photo. You can see my atempt at making a yarn bowl.  I will probably make a few more of those.  To see more photos check out my Facebook page.   
Sunday I spent the day at our Carolina Claymatters Guilds summer workshop.  The presenter this year was Sam Chung.  He put on a great workshop and I hope to be able to incorporate some of his ideas into some of my pieces. 

2 comments:

Linda Starr said...

Your cut out pieces are wonderful, must have been a great workshop, I love Sam's work.

Unknown said...

Thank you. I love punching out holes. It's very therapeutic.