Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mint Hill Arts Juried Competition Entry

Today I am taking it easy and not throwing or glazing.  I took a photo of this pot, which will be my entry in the Mint Hill Arts Juried Competition.  Earlier this year I made a piece very similar for the June Competition and it stuck to the kiln.  I loved it so much that I tried again and was glad that it made it out of the kiln.  I need to think of a name for the piece.  Perhaps Elegant Lady (I thought that it sort of looks like a lady with a hat and large earrings.)  Tomorrow I will take this piece over there and on December 10th the awards will be presented at the monthly reception. If you love art of all kinds, this is a great exhibition to see. It runs thru December. To bad I have to miss the reception.  I will be in Raleigh at the North Carolina Pottery Fair.

Later today I will unload a glaze load.  Can't wait to see some of the pieces.  Most will be going with me to the Appalacian Potters Market on Saturday.

No comments: