Sunday, October 25, 2015

New Space

Recently my sons moved out and I have my house back.  We have been working the last few months painting, putting in carpet, decorating bathrooms, and throwing away 10 years of crap.

The most exciting move is that my photography room/ shipping room /etsy pottery overflow room has been moved closer to the stairs and is much more organized, even though it's a bit smaller.
You can see in the photos three views of the room.  The top view shows my light box with props

The photo to the right shows some of the overflow pieces (many pieces are in my dining room showroom).  The pieces sitting on the table have either expired on Etsy and need to be relisted or for some reason were overlooked at some point and need to be added.
The last photo shows my desk with the weighing machine, computer and more overflow shelving. What you can't see are the many boxes and paper in the closet hidden away. (yipee)  Also, the bubble wrap is stored under the desk.  The shelves are partly empty right now but in the next few weeks I will start adding more pieces to my shop right up until Christmas.

I expect that this room may end up just as messy as the previous room but I actually hope not.

Someday maybe this will all be in my studio so that I do not have to travel from garage through house to the upstairs in order to photograph new pieces, especially those that go to shows or galleries and are not Etsy pieces stored until sold.  I also have to carry boxes and shipping materials down to the garage when I have gallery orders with many pieces.

No comments: