Wednesday, July 10, 2013

New work

Today I unloaded the kiln.  Most of the load was either for a competition I want to enter three pieces in and jury pieces for a gallery that needs to see work.  These five pieces are my favorite and I need to narrow it down to the three best.  So far my Facebook survey is picking the large piece on the left, no to the next piece and a tie on the three pieces to the right.  I will need to decide by tomorrow so that I can take enter the pieces on Friday.

I also did some tests on a purple matt glaze and a soft yellow.  They looked great and I can't wait to put them on some bigger pieces.  Too bad I don't have any pieces ready.  Today I started back stocking up on pieces for fall shows and pieces for the galleries.  I am completely out of unglazed pieces in the new work.

Yesterday I started setting up for my Christmas in July Sale.  I have set up sections that are 20-40-60%off.  The photo is a sneak peek at the 40% off table.  I few of my friends have already been over and grabbed a few pieces.

Hopefully my advertising via Mailchimp email, Facebook, blog, Google+, Twitter and signage will bring in the customers on Saturday.  I would love to make room for more pieces like those above.

By the way, if you would like to receive email newsletters from me a few times a year, signup on the right hand side of this blog.  I promise not to make a pest of myself.

No comments: